The Research Institute carries out general and methodological research in various aspects of continuous education, and works to summarize both national and international experience in the scientific field.
The priority of the Research Institute is development of a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to continuous education and its role in the system of education as a whole.
The Research Institute’s activities include:
- fundamental and applied research in social, economical and pedagogical aspects of continuous education;
- development of fundamental theory of continuous education as a multidisciplinary phenomenon;
- development of general organizational scheme of continuous education including continuous professional development;
- empirical research based on the national and international experience in continuous education;
- holding national and international scientific conferences, symposiums and seminars on the current developments in continues education;
- assistance in realization of scientific projects in continues education.
The Director of the Research Institute is Nicolai A. Lobanov (Full Professor).